[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#373290: marked as done (libapr0-dev: Outdated header files?)

Your message dated Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:27:40 +0100
with message-id <20060614092740.GE43668@amnesiac.heapspace.net>
and subject line Bug#373290: libapr0-dev: Outdated header files?
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

--- Begin Message ---
Package: libapr0-dev
Version: 2.0.55-4
Severity: serious

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.11
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)

Versions of packages libapr0-dev depends on:
ii  libapr0                       2.0.55-4   the Apache Portable Runtime
ii  libdb4.3-dev                  4.3.29-3   Berkeley v4.3 Database Libraries [
ii  libexpat1-dev                 1.95.8-3   XML parsing C library - developmen
ii  libldap2-dev                  2.1.30-12  OpenLDAP development libraries
ii  libpcre3-dev                  6.4-1.1    Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expressi
ii  libtool                       1.5.22-1   Generic library support script

libapr0-dev recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

Could it be that the headers are outdated? I installed the very last
package and I got also the sources from libpar. In the debian package
and the apr_file_info.h header one finds:

 * @defgroup apr_file_permissions File Permissions flags 
 * @{

#define APR_USETID      0x8000 /**< Set user id */
#define APR_UREAD       0x0400 /**< Read by user */
#define APR_UWRITE      0x0200 /**< Write by user */
#define APR_UEXECUTE    0x0100 /**< Execute by user */

#define APR_GSETID      0x4000 /**< Set group id */
#define APR_GREAD       0x0040 /**< Read by group */
#define APR_GWRITE      0x0020 /**< Write by group */
#define APR_GEXECUTE    0x0010 /**< Execute by group */

#define APR_WSTICKY     0x2000 /**< Sticky bit */
#define APR_WREAD       0x0004 /**< Read by others */
#define APR_WWRITE      0x0002 /**< Write by others */
#define APR_WEXECUTE    0x0001 /**< Execute by others */

#define APR_OS_DEFAULT  0x0FFF /**< use OS's default permissions */

/* additional permission flags for apr_file_copy  and apr_file_append */
#define APR_FILE_SOURCE_PERMS 0x1000 /**< Copy source file's permissions */

In the sources of libapr this looks very different:

 * @defgroup apr_file_permissions File Permissions flags 
 * @{

#define APR_FPROT_USETID      0x8000 /**< Set user id */
#define APR_FPROT_UREAD       0x0400 /**< Read by user */
#define APR_FPROT_UWRITE      0x0200 /**< Write by user */
#define APR_FPROT_UEXECUTE    0x0100 /**< Execute by user */

#define APR_FPROT_GSETID      0x4000 /**< Set group id */
#define APR_FPROT_GREAD       0x0040 /**< Read by group */
#define APR_FPROT_GWRITE      0x0020 /**< Write by group */
#define APR_FPROT_GEXECUTE    0x0010 /**< Execute by group */

#define APR_FPROT_WSTICKY     0x2000 /**< Sticky bit */
#define APR_FPROT_WREAD       0x0004 /**< Read by others */
#define APR_FPROT_WWRITE      0x0002 /**< Write by others */
#define APR_FPROT_WEXECUTE    0x0001 /**< Execute by others */

#define APR_FPROT_OS_DEFAULT  0x0FFF /**< use OS's default permissions */

/* additional permission flags for apr_file_copy  and apr_file_append */
#define APR_FPROT_FILE_SOURCE_PERMS 0x1000 /**< Copy source file's permissions */
/* backcompat */
#define APR_USETID     APR_FPROT_USETID     /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_USETID     */
#define APR_UREAD      APR_FPROT_UREAD      /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_UREAD      */
#define APR_UWRITE     APR_FPROT_UWRITE     /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_UWRITE     */
#define APR_UEXECUTE   APR_FPROT_UEXECUTE   /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_UEXECUTE   */
#define APR_GSETID     APR_FPROT_GSETID     /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_GSETID     */
#define APR_GREAD      APR_FPROT_GREAD      /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_GREAD      */
#define APR_GWRITE     APR_FPROT_GWRITE     /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_GWRITE     */
#define APR_GEXECUTE   APR_FPROT_GEXECUTE   /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_GEXECUTE   */
#define APR_WSTICKY    APR_FPROT_WSTICKY    /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_WSTICKY    */
#define APR_WREAD      APR_FPROT_WREAD      /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_WREAD      */
#define APR_WWRITE     APR_FPROT_WWRITE     /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_WWRITE     */
#define APR_WEXECUTE   APR_FPROT_WEXECUTE   /**< @deprecated @see APR_FPROT_WEXECUTE   */
/** @} */


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
You're attempting to compare APR 1.2 from upstream (which is available in
debian in the libapr1{,-dev} packages to APR 0.9, which is a differently
versioned library and is available in Debian as libapr0{,-dev}. 

--- End Message ---

Reply to: