Re: Unstable upgrade exp

Kai Hendry wrote:

> bible$ dpkg -L apache2-common | grep init
> /etc/init.d
> /etc/init.d/apache2
> bible$ cat /etc/init.d/apache2
> cat: /etc/init.d/apache2: No such file or directory
>
> Big problem was the "/etc/init.d/apache2" could not be found. I did
> reinstall apache2-common and still it wasn't to be found.

dpkg -i --force-confmiss /var/cache/apt/archives/apache2-common*deb
dpkg --configure -a

Init scripts are conffiles, and deleting a conffile is a decision
respected by the packaging system.  All your other problems stem from this.

I should probably fix our postinsts to be more tolerant in the face of a
missing init script, but that still wouldn't have solved your problem,
just made the errors less scary. :)

... Adam