RE: Question about maintaining the unofficial/parallel apache-lingerd package.

Alexis Sukrieh wrote:

> Reading the INSTALL file of lingerd, only mod_ssl would need a
> particular patch, so we could imagine an apache-ssl-lingerd flavour.
>
> As there is an apache-perl flavour we also might think to an
> apache-perl-lingerd flavour.

Better off just having users install apache-lingerd + mod_ssl + mod_perl
(and working with the mod_ssl maintainer to make sure it has the support
patches required to support lingerd properly).  Adding three new
flavours for the sake of one piece of functionality is a support
nightmare.  Notice that there's no "apache-ssl-perl" package either.

... Adam