Re: Restricted access to directories

Le mercredi 1 Décembre 2004 19:03, sergey a écrit :
> В Втр, 30/11/2004 в 18:44 +0100, Alain Roos пишет:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since one day or two, I have the following problem with my Web server :
> > if I'd like to access a directory, which is a symlink :
> > /var/www/mysite -> /home/alain/projects/mysite
> > the server answers with an "Error 403" (forbidden).
> I think you need
> <Directory /var/www/>
>  Options followSymLinks
> </Directory>
> May be it disabled by default?

Thank you for that advice. In fact I had

<Directory /var/www/>
  Options All
</Directory>

I tried to use explicitely followSymlinks, but the issue remains.

Then I did what I should have done initially, which reading apache's error.log in /var/log
The issue was that some directories in the path /home/alain/anciens/anciensecpm.yellis.net/
were not world searchable.

Thank you for your time and for your contributions to the linux world.
Have a nice evening,

Alain