mod-mono has screwed up my apache

Hi, I am getting the following error whenever I try and do pretty much anything (installing Squirrelmail) via apt now:

Error: libmod_mono.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
on how to proceed
Error: libmod_mono.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
The above errors might cause apache-perl to not work properly or start
Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
on how to proceed

I followed the instructions for installing mono from source (again, mod-mono is from source, not from apt) which basically directed me to add the following to my httpd.conf:

# Allow http put (such as Netscape Gold's publish feature)
# Use htpasswd to generate /etc/apache/passwd.
# You must unremark these two lines at the top of this file as well:
#LoadModule put_module    modules/mod_put.so
LoadModule mono_module        /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libmod_mono.so
#AddModule mod_put.c
AddModule mod_mono.c

Alias /mono "/var/www/mono"
MonoApplications "/mono:/var/www/mono/"
MonoPath "/var/www/mono/bin/"
MonoDocumentRootDir "/var/www/mono/bin/"
<Directory /var/www/mono/ >
  SetHandler mono
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.aspx index.html
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

I have had this problem for a while now, but now I need to install squirrelmail which apparently requires clean apache upgrades. The error message recommended me getting in contact if I don't know how to fix it - so here I am. I think I need to generate a .info file, but I the semantics of such a thing are beyond me.

I am not on this mailing list so please CC me directly.

Thanks, in advance,
Mike

PS I am on Debian Testing