Re: mod-mono has screwed up my apache

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Mike McKay wrote:

> Hi, I am getting the following error whenever I try and do pretty much
> anything (installing Squirrelmail) via apt now:
>
> Error: libmod_mono.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
> The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
> Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> on how to proceed
> Error: libmod_mono.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
> The above errors might cause apache-perl to not work properly or start
> Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> on how to proceed
>
> I followed the instructions for installing mono from source (again,
> mod-mono is from source, not from apt) which basically directed me to
> add the following to my httpd.conf:

[SNIP]

> I have had this problem for a while now, but now I need to install
> squirrelmail which apparently requires clean apache upgrades. The error
> message recommended me getting in contact if I don't know how to fix it
> - so here I am. I think I need to generate a .info file, but I the
> semantics of such a thing are beyond me.

Hi, please install apache-dev and read
/usr/share/doc/apache-dev/REAMDE.modules
It will explain to you what a .info file is and how to create a proper one
for your apache installation.

The above is a warning to prevent external module to mangle apache
configuration (given that the user is using standard debian tools for it).

Nothing to be scared about. it's one line and one file :-)

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.