Re: "modules-config apache enable mod_ssl" Exits w/ 128

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:

> Sorry to bother, but I'm having trouble with modules-config.
>
> Recently, I couldn't update libapache-mod-ssl. I tracked the problem
> down to it's postinst script, which calls "modules-config apache enable
> mod_ssl".
>
> When I try running "modules-config apache enable mod_ssl",
> modules-config prints the current / working directory twice, and exits
> with code 128 (same problem as with the postinst script).
>
> I couldn't find a bug against apache-common regarding this. I had a
> glance at modules-config, but it's big, I'm not experienced, and I
> haven't any error messages to go by; I thought I'd ask the pros before
> I wasted time searching for the problem. For all I know, I'm invoking
> it wrong.
>
> I'm running apache-common 1.3.31-2. Can someone identify the problem
> I'm having with modules-config?

edit /usr/sbin/apache-modconf (same as modules-config) and add
set -x
in the second line.
rerun:
modules-config apache enable mod_ssl

This will show everything that is happening in background. Please be
carefull in saving all the logs somewhere and send it to me.

thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.