Re: [luke@solutionsmanagement.com.au: apache2 deb port]

Le Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 15:22:45 +1000, Daniel Stone a �it:
> I think it's because of the mixing of VirtualHost and NameVirtualHost;
> I'll ask the list about it.
>
> :) d
>

> cfmx admin:
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.143>
>         ServerAdmin luke@solutonsmanagement.com.au
>         VirtualDocumentRoot /etc/htdocs/
>         ServerName      defiant.solman
>         CustomLog /var/log/cfaccess.log combined
> </VirtualHost>
>

> <Directory "/etc/htdocs">
>     Options -Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from 192.168.0
> </Directory>
>

> NameVirtualHost *
>
> <Directory "/webpages/clientroot/">
>     Options -Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>

> UseCanonicalName    Off
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>     ServerName *
>     VirtualDocumentRoot /webpages/clientroot/%2.1/%2.2/%0
>     DirectoryIndex default.cfm default.htm index.cfm index.htm index.html
>     ErrorDocument 404 /404.cfm
> </VirtualHost>

1) virtualhosts are run and read from top to bottom, so you might need
to re-order them;

2) my above doesn't solve the issue of why the coldfusion vhost isn't
working :) ;

3) my 0.02 $ on that is if you can maybe move it out of /etc, it might
help. apache will read stuff from /etc, but only under certain
circumstances, to prevent stuff like apache looking at and serving up
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to the whole world :) ;

4) moving those files from /etc might help the issue of needing -Indexes
in the coldfusion <V*Host>, and you might want to define a DirectoryIndex
for it. do you have a global DirectoryIndex statement? i have something
like 10 index files there and they all work. if you need to add to the
list, you can do what you did, and specify them per-vhost.

simon

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |