Re: Re: conf.d usage

Hi Frederic,

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Frederic Schutz wrote:

> Michael Loftis wrote:
>
>  > Putting a file in a conf.d is equivalent to writing those directives
>  > in the httpd.conf file. There are no restrictions.
>
> A follow-up question, as a package maintainer: if my package wants to
> install a snippet of config (or a symlink) into conf.d and the file
> already exists (eg created by the user), what should the package do ?

You have to preserve the user file or symlink or directory.

> Or is there a naming scheme I could follow (eg name-of-package.conf),
> and assume that a user will not manually create such files ?

I would suggest pkgname.conf but you still have to check if it has been
created by you, modified by the user and so on before touching it.
You still have the option to prompt the user for a proper action to take
in case.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html