Re: Re: conf.d usage

Michael Loftis wrote:

> Putting a file in a conf.d is equivalent to writing those directives
> in the httpd.conf file. There are no restrictions.

A follow-up question, as a package maintainer: if my package wants to install a snippet of config (or a symlink) into conf.d and the file
already exists (eg created by the user), what should the package do ?
Or is there a naming scheme I could follow (eg name-of-package.conf),
and assume that a user will not manually create such files ?

Frederic