Re: apache crash after log rotate

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:04:00PM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> [...]
> > Or at least is there any way to get more info about what has
> > happened?
>
> running it in debug mode until it crashes??? but i guess that's not an
> option for any of us.

Hmm, you probably never tried that :-)
I had some _serious_ problems on one of our main webserver and -- for
the purpose of debugging -- switched over to the debugging version
of the server (apache.dbg on Debian systems). The performance loss was
so minimal, i never bothered switching back (and yes, in case of a
problem/hanging child i can easily attach with gdb and fix it :-)
Did i allready mention that the server has _quite_ some load.

> [...]

> > Any ideas?
>
> Try removing mod_ssl. I start to get suspicious about it in reference to
> (after reading the other message):

Yes, that would be my first advice too.

 Ralf Mattes