Re: apache crash after log rotate

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Tomas Hoger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> My post is similar to what was discussed in
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2003/debian-apache-200309/msg00000.html
>
> I tried googling for this problem several time, but all I found was mails
> describing problem with no relevant answers.  It happens to me too often to
> just describe this problem as "lunar ray hitting the power cable during
> solar eclipse".  So I ask once again: does anybody have an idea, why this
> happens?

No. otherwise we would have told you before. I cannot reproduce it on any
of my servers.. some of them with almost 2 years of uptime...

> Or at least is there any way to get more info about what has
> happened?

running it in debug mode until it crashes??? but i guess that's not an
option for any of us.

> Apache, I run, is 1.3.26-0woody3 on woody system, with mod_php
> 4.1.2-6woody3 and mod_ssl 2.8.9-2.1.
>
> Any ideas?

Try removing mod_ssl. I start to get suspicious about it in reference to
(after reading the other message):

http://www.debian.org/security/2003/dsa-288

(mod_ssl uses openssl quite heavely) that it was released almost hmm 9
months ago...

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html