Re: apache crash after log rotate

Ciao Roberto,

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Roberto Sebastiano wrote:

> > No. otherwise we would have told you before. I cannot reproduce it on any
> > of my servers.. some of them with almost 2 years of uptime...
> >
> Maybe only on server with an high number of apache childs
> I have 500 childs on the machines that exposed the problem
>
> I think that the problem is clearly that /etc/init.d/apache reload fails
> sometimes with an high numbers of childs

Can you try using these init script?:

http://cvs.raw.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/debian-apache/debian/apache.init?view=markup

you might have to remove the should_start check since it was introduced
recently.

If you have a high traffic box in loadbalacing you might perhaps try a
reload on one them when it has a lot (>100) childs running.. of course i
can't promise it will fix the issue since as you saw yourself it doesn't
happen on a regular base.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html