Re: apache reload and child fault

hi roberto,

some time ago, the same thing happened to me. more recently, i installed
a new mailserver which had the problem twice. the problem does not seem
to be debian-specific, since i've been contacted by people running other
distributions through my previous post, experiencing the same problem:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2003/debian-apache-200309/msg00000.html

nobody seems to know what's going on. are you running with mod_ssl??
cause i thought it might have something to do with that, since it never
happened to one of my other servers without mod_ssl. it's just a hunch
though. i have no clue how i should track this problem down, since it
seems to happen out of the blue..

for the time being, i've created a script which kills all apache
processes after the logrotation and starts it back up again. i did this
a week ago, and have had no problems since. it's a stupid workaround,
and i still have to see if it actually works for me :-)

sorry i can't be of more use..

kind regards,
-rodi