Re: Bug 207069

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Rich Puhek wrote:

> Cool. Possibly changing the dependancies on Apache will help, so a

no. relaxing the Depencies will not solve anything. Apache does not take
care of modules (such as php4).. they have to care of their own stuff.

> careless apt-get upgrade doens't blow things up.

Point is that both the new apache and the new php4 were uploaded more or
less at the same time. That was somehow cause of "misunderstanding" of the
root of the problem.

> Not sure if adding notes to any of the bugs would help, due to the
> duplicate bug syndrome.

I left open a bug in apache for that reason but people are faster typing
reportbug apache than just spend a sec reading the bts... i agree that
browsing 154 open bugs can be painfull... but still better than the 220
there were a couple of months ago... and still a lot needs to be done
before sarge.

> Thanks again for taking the time. Keep up the good work!

No problem at all... and thanks :-)

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html