Re: Bug 207069

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Rich Puhek wrote:

> Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > The only doubt i have now is this sentence in #205592:
> >
> > "or remove both extensions from your php.ini and only load them as-needed
> > using dl() in individual php scripts."
> >
> > If removing both of them is a solution than it is not an apache problem ;)
> >
> > Fabio
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Rich Puhek wrote:
> >

> Confirmed.

thanks

> I went back to the PHP4 packages from testing, and life is good. That's
> why I didn't want to file a bug... didn't know for sure who was causing it.

there is a bug open already... but thanks for not reporting the usual
duplicate.

> The biggest problem with this (and the related bugs) is the lack of info
> provided by Apache or PHP. Since Apache just dies silently, it's assumed
> to be the culprit. Hopefully later versions of both handle that better.

I exchanged a couple of mails with Brian and they are working at the root
of the problem. It should be fixed sometime during the next week.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html