Re: How can ISP connect my computer to net?

* Michael

| Can anybody point me in the right direction?  Even keywords would be
| helpful.  Is this a DNS issue?  a router issue?  or something else
| entirely?

unless you are NAT-ed, you should just be able to point a domain name
at your public IP address and access that name.  If you are NAT-ed,
the box with your public IP needs to forward either all packets or
just packets destined for port 80 to your computer.  If that box runs
its own web server already, the easiest is probably to have it as a
proxy, that is, it proxies requests to your computer from the world.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-