Re: Merging source packages, sharing maintainership

Matthew Wilcox said:
> There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of point with apache2 just around
> the corner...

Apache2 has been just around the corner for a little while now but still
isn't terribly widely adopted ... also, woody is going to be remaining
with us for some time, and sarge may also be released with apache1.3 as
the preferred version over 2, so you'd have to wait for two more stable
releases _after_ sarge (assuming woody is kept as old-stable) before
apache1.3 stops being as big an issue for Debian.

To me at least, that sounds like a Long Time(tm) yet to go.

I think it's worth the effort.  And it needn't be too much effort
either.  You don't want to still be dealing with all the hassle on your
own in two years' time surely?  =)

I'd like to be involved.  We all would.  We want to make things better.
Isn't that a sufficiently noble goal?  Isn't that why you kicked off
this list to begin with?

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."