Re: Proposed apache policy.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:52:51PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> I recently saw that this list have been created. I was on the
> debian-apache@pantsfullofunix list that existed before and want
> to share my idéas.

I tried to notify that list that this list had been created, but alas
my email was held for moderator approval...

> My idéas have been summarized into a proposed (very early draft)
> apache policy on how the configuration of apache (-ssl, etc) packages
> should be handled. This is to make it easer for add-on package
> developers to do their job, like php, imp etc.

While I think this policy (at least partly) moves in the right direction,
I think now is the wrong time to do it (apache is in a Task, so it's
officially frozen).  Plus, I hope that apache in woody+1 will be apache
2.x and so the package to be implementing this should be the experimental
apache2.  I hope not to be the apache maintainer by the time woody+1
rolls around.