Re: root low space

On Fri, 23 May 2014, Francesco Pietra wrote:

In my case, described above, in order to be able to use

# partclone.ext3 -c -d -s /dev/mapper/vg1-root  -o
/home/francesco/vg1-root.img

how to first umount vg1-root? I was unable to do that correctly, so that
partclone failed because

device (/dev/map//vg1-root) is mounted at  /

As I told you before, you will have to boot that machine off a cd, dvd, usb
stick. You should therefore select a live distribution (that can be
installed and booted from such a medium) and use that. Be sure to select a
live distro that includes the tools you need. As I told you before, I used
parted magic, but it is not free anymore (even if cheap, and it does provide
all the tools you will need for offline disk maintenance). A live Debian, Ubuntu, or any other major distro would probably be ok as
well.  Just choose one you are comfortable with.
E.g. you may try looking at http://live.debian.net/
and
https://www.debian.org/CD/live/
for debian live images

Ciao
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@oa-cagliari.inaf.it>

INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
via della scienza 5 - 09047 Selargius (CA)

tel.   +39 070 71180244
mob. : +39 329  6603810

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)