Re: Installing cuda-4.0

Solved except for a side topic. See my closing question  to this regard.

Installation of cuda 4.0 in amd64 wheezy succeeds from Debian
packages, and there is no conflict with the installation of the nvidia
driver "the Debian way". No need to go to the nvidia web, so that both
the nvidia driver and cuda 4.0 place the files according to Debian
rules.

Following installation of the nvidia drives, it suffices to install:

nvidia-cuda-dev

libnvidia-compiler

libcupti-dev
libcupti4
libcupti-doc (not sure whether these libcupti are really needed)

The cuda headers are under /usr/include, so that, in configuring the
computational package to compile, the flag "--cuda-prefix /usr" (not
/usr/include, in order that all CUDA bin, lib, and include are found.

I understand that I am discovering the hot water. However, as I had no
reply to my question....

QUESTION: What failed is a special (minor) feature of the
computational code. To get that, it was required to point to the
location of the lapack  and c standard libraries. Which I tried to
satisfy by pointing to "/usr/lib/lapack/liblapack.so.3gf.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6". Which prevented the
compilation to occur.

Is this link to the libraries correct for Debian amd64 wheezy?

Thanks
francesco pietra