Re: Fwd: upgrade to jessie from wheezy with cuda problems

Em 18-11-2013 13:13, Francesco Pietra escreveu:

It is getting hard, unless I mistaken what was suggested by nvidia .
Thus, following what was suggested by nvidia as a no-barrier solution,

I updated the kernel boot string by

1) typing 'e' at grub prompt,
2) adding the option to the linux line,
3) Ctrl-x to boot

If that procedure is correct (probably it is, as

francesco@gig64:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.10-3-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/vg1-root ro 1.
nvidia.NVreg_EnablePCIeGen3=1 quiet
francesco@gig64:~$ )

then, no luck. Both LnkCap and LnkSta were at at 5GT/s, as for PCIe 2.0.
Molecular dynamics, accordingly, was not accelerated.

I wonder whether "1." preceding "nvidia..." is what is needed for a grub
bootloader option. I did not find any other instance about that nvidia
suggestion on internet.

I may be wrong, but it seems that there is a hardware bump in your pci-express 3.0 road , Francesco :

Close to the end it says that nvidia "... is finally enabling full pci-express 3.0 speeds ..." , so it may be that your card suffers from this issue too .

Hope it helps.