Re: packages requiring ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk

On a close look, it appeared that somewhere in my installation experiments, lsb-core (amd64) was deinstalled completely. I fixed that, but the result is nearly exactly the same, with one exception. If i start this, it say that now:

/usr/lib/googleearth/googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgoogleearth_free.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I dunno about this lib but experimentally installed only those missing dependencies of the broken g.e. package, besides lsb-core (like   libfreeimage3:i386) and these actually installed, along an awful lot i386 dependencies. it did not remove anything though, except for the broken g.e. package (naturally) too so i had to repeat the forced dpkg installation afterward.

But it did not change the above error.

Now it seemed to be time for Klaus' suggestion again: apt-get install -f, which again removed the g.e. package. I could reinstall it again and do apt-get -f again in cycles, until any dependency was satisfied except for lsb-core. But still the binary could not be found in place (usr/bin) and the 7usr/lib binary did either not work, or was absent completely.

It really sticks with lsb-core!