Re: HP DV7 amd64 Turin x2 RM-70

blacklist the radeon driver and see how you go (remember to rebuild initrd), then install the newest ati driver

Dean

On 08/01/2013, at 6:25 PM, subbia@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Tiandao,
I've not seen the spec, but i guess your laptop has an ati as vga card. I know of many problems caused by framebuffer and ati cards not working well together.

Try booting with the right vga option. Grub's man page is a good reference point for this.

Hth.

Cheers,
Dario
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: Tiandao Li <litd99@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 00:22:48 -0600
Subject: HP DV7 amd64 Turin x2 RM-70

HI,

My laptop, HP Pavilion DV7, is an AMD Turion 64 x2 dual core mobile RM-70, with 4G RAM and 250 G HD. I installed Ubuntu or Lubuntu from 6 till 12.10. Since the recent Ubuntu/Lubuntu constantly crash, I want to change to Debian. I installed 32-bit Debian 6.0.6 without any problem on Dell desktop using net installation. However, AMD 64bit can't boot using amd64 netinst.iso, the install menu never show up, only black screen. I google and can't find any meaningful info, hopefully the experts here can help me.

Best,

Tiandao

AMD64 Turion x2 RM-70

http://products.amd.com/pages/NotebookCPUDetail.aspx?id=438&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=