Re: your mail

Hi Gilles,

I tried to add the firsts you wrote me and no result.

Before add the last one  I have a question, what I have to do is run:

apt-get update &&
apt-get upgrade

?

2012/7/21 Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:02:44PM +0200, Pietro Paolini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have still freeze in my laptop, I discover  it is not related at a music
> or video reproduction, in adding I discovered that my Ethernet card is not
> recognized, I really really ask for help because my PC is going to be
> unusable! It happens when I stress a bit more my PC, like compilation
> kernel (*make -j*).
>
> I cannot use a stable release of debian due the kernel version, too old for
> my hardware, can someone suggest me a way in order to investigate better of
> the nature of my problem ?
>
> This is my sources.list file:
>
> deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
> deb-src http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

You might want to have these two lines instead:
---CUT---
deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
---CUT---

And if it still doesn't provid all the necessary drivers, try to also add:

---CUT---
deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
---CUT---

> [...]