Re: a few dumb questions about wine
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: a few dumb questions about wine
- From: Роман Франчук <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:46:18 +0200
- Message-id: <4EFD6C4A.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CANc=Sd0Sn5uvpX2+R6EehZrAky6KRmaA2xjzZzR6LteHm-94Cw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CANc=Sd0Sn5uvpX2+R6EehZrAky6KRmaA2xjzZzR6LteHm-94Cw@mail.gmail.com>
29.12.2011 18:43, Michael Fothergill пишет:
In order to run MS Office 2010 you need not so old wine. You can build
wine 1.3.x from source or get it from
I tried using wine after a long time. I installed it using synaptic
and nosed around to see what had happened. I am running squeeze amd64
on a newish amd64 novatech box.
I noticed that under the system tools menu window a wine configuration
icon appeared. I clicked on it and I got a little window appearing
asking for lib32ns-mdns to be installed to allow internet
compatability. I installed it.
I also googled about for instructions on using wine. Some sites said
that the version of wine available in the debian respository was older
than the latest versions of wine and recommended some solutions to this.
All I want to do is run MSOffice 2010 using it.
deb http://frickelplatz.de/debian sid main contrib non-free