Re: ATI proprietary drivers installation issue on debian testing

> I am using fglrx 11-4-2 from the Debian repositories without any real
> problems. Sometimes the repainting of the screens is a bit choppy,
> especially during drag and drop or moving, or a window is not
> correctly
> repainted while dragging it over the (dual monitor) desktop.

Hi. Indeed, the ATI proprietary drivers providen by Debian work well.
However this is not the case with the 11-5 drivers (latest) available
on ATI website. And it's not possible to install older drivers too.

Only drivers providen by Debian work. I haven't tested this before
sending the mail because last times I tried to do so (months ago),
I couldn't get to make them work (I had errors when compiling the
module).

Anyway, my question remains the same. Could we expect future kernel
releases to enable big lock ?
I work in graphics industry, so I often need up-to-date drivers to
make tests and so on. So it would be nice for me that I could install
drivers as soon as they are made available on IP manufacturers.