Re: libcholmod

> So what happens if you have multiple library versions under Linux From
>
> Scratch, then?  I'm genuinely curious.
>
> I still think separate -dev packages make compiling from source
> unnecessarily
> complicated, and benefit only a minority who already have a clue how
> to deal
> with the problems that would be caused by including -dev files in the
> main
> packages.  Even an APT option to always install -dev files would be an
>
> improvement  (especially if it was on by default for n00b installs).

My interest was not to create a polemic.

I was just wondering if there could have some easy ways to deal with
some packages which names are hidden in other packages, by using some
abstract packages or so. This will definately help in finding package
names. This kind of technique could also be used to name packages
differently, so that a single package could have several names (and
so that users from other distributions could find more easily the
package they are looking for, since package names could be quite
different from a distro to another one).

Maybe should I post this request to another debian list ?

Thanks.