2.  Hope to roll  forward?
3.  Kiss the whole system goodbye?

And if the answer is 3, the *real* solution is to have a backup that means that "install fresh and copy over your favorite data" was always feasible and the safest solution.

On 2011-03-11 2:51 AM, "Morty Abzug" <morty@frakir.org> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 04:34:16PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:

> This isn't automatic, but it wa...

What I'm looking for are recommendations on how to automate the x86 to
x64 upgrade.  Sounds like you have some ideas.  Can you share?  :)

Several people sent email saying that the best thing to do is to
upgrade manually.  Thing is, I really do want to automate this.  It
feels like automation should be possible.  I'm willing to try to
figure this out for myself and/or pay someone to figure it out for me.

- Morty