Re: intel i3 processor

On 07/19/2010 09:44 AM, Siddharth Ravikumar wrote:
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>  wrote:

If you want to use more than 3GB ram efficiently, or get the most out
of your system, use 64bit.  For a bit less hassles, use 32bit.

I am actually quiet happy with 32bit , but it looks like the future is
going to be 64bit. So if I build my comp this year , I will be using
it for the next 3 - 4 years or so . I am under a confusion whether to
go for 32bit or 64bit.

Note that the i386 arch has 64-bit kernels. You get a larger per-process memory space and more efficient use of .GT. 4GB RAM.

--
Seek truth from facts.