Re: Looking for hydra

On Wednesday 09 Jun 2010, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Yes, this is the one. I already got the source code, and got it easily
> compiled. But I would like to get it as a debian package.

You could always make your own .deb file.  You've built the package from
source code already, so presumably you already know what it depends on.

Or:  put the source tree in data.tar.gz, the configure --with-whatever /
make / make install steps in postinst, specify the relevant dependencies
including build-essential and -dev packages in control and you now have an
architecture-independent .deb that installs as easily as a binary .deb!
(Just a bit slower, is all.)

Note, on no account should your homemade .deb touch /usr/local -- you will
need to bear this in mind when doing the `configure` step.

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk