Re: fstab labels

Hi Seb,

Try setting /dev/cdrom instead of LABEL.

Usually you have such a link in /dev, pointing to the real device (as configured by udev).

If you need to check things out then try this, in a root terminal:

dmesg | grep CD-ROM

You will get a line like, for example

    2.042890] sr 6:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0

where sr0 is the 'real' kernel device name. You can also use /dev/dvd or anything else set up by udev to be an alias for that drive.

I doubt that labels work on exchangeable media since to my understanding the labels are on the filesystem, not on the drive hardware, and that would change with every other media inserted.