Re: What is the state of testing?

On Monday 12 April 2010 00:30:18 Dean Hamstead wrote:

> To get recent nvidia cards to work, i have found that unstable is
> required. Fortunately it's quite stable with aptitude safe-upgrades
> occasionally performed with a little caution.
>
> I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who can't fix occasional wacky
> problems.
>
> Dean

I've been running testing for years; almost everything works fine here
currently.  I gave up on the Debian nvidia (legacy 173....) packages and
installed them from the nvidia site.  Opera is so slow that it's unusable
here, but it works fine on my home box (i386); I haven't been able to figure out
what the cause is.  I have had to put off upgrading, or pull in some packages
from unstable, a few times in the last few years in order to maintain the box
with the software that I have installed.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist III                                             |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.