regression in linux-source-2.6.32-6 ???

As it came out, as usual, I unpacked the new revision of the debian linux
kernel sources, copied over the .config file from the previous one, made a
make oldconfig and built a kernel image using make-kpkg.  Everything went
smoothly, as far as I can tell.  I then installed the new image it on my
laptop, and rebooted into it, to find out that _any_ 32 bit executable would
segfault! Even the ld-linux linker itself!

I reinstalled the old package, rebooted, and I had 32 bit compatibility
back.

Does anybody know what the heck I did wrong? Or what changed between the -6
and the -7 version of linux-source-2.6.32 that might have caused this?

Thanks in advance
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@oa-cagliari.inaf.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

believed to be clean.