Re: Toshiba track pad quit working under Debian sid

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:21:47 +0200,
"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 29 April 2009 schrieb Seb:
>> Hi,

>> The track pad of a laptop Toshiba Satellite dual processor AMD64,
>> running sid has quit working after upgrading to the new kde 4. The
>> system also has M$ Vista on it on a different partition, and the
>> track pad works fine there. I can't find the issue mentioned around
>> the web.  For now, I've just connected a mouse to the laptop. Has
>> anybody else experienced this, and are there any tips as to what to
>> check? Thanks.

>> Cheers,

>> -- Seb

> You did not mention, if it is an synaptics hardware or an alps
> driver. Please read the sysnaptics docs, how to find out.

> And please tell:

> Does it not work at all?

> Or are some functions missing? (I had had the problem, that
> tap-to-click did not work, due to a muissing configuration line in
> xorg.conf)

> There is a troubleshooting.txt avaialable in the package of
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.

Thanks Hans, I installed that package and now the track pad works again
(it wasn't working at all).  Why the exact same system worked without
this package for over a year until the recent kde4 upgrades, and how I
could have guessed it is suddenly needed, I will never find out in my
wildest dreams.

--
Seb