Re: Toshiba track pad quit working under Debian sid

Am Mittwoch 29 April 2009 schrieb Seb:
> Hi,
>
> The track pad of a laptop Toshiba Satellite dual processor AMD64,
> running sid has quit working after upgrading to the new kde 4. The
> system also has M$ Vista on it on a different partition, and the track
> pad works fine there. I can't find the issue mentioned around the web.
> For now, I've just connected a mouse to the laptop. Has anybody else
> experienced this, and are there any tips as to what to check? Thanks.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Seb

You did not mention, if it is an synaptics hardware or an alps driver. Please read the sysnaptics docs, how to find out.

And please tell:

Does it not work at all?

Or are some functions missing? (I had had the problem, that tap-to-click did not work, due to a muissing configuration line in xorg.conf)

There is a troubleshooting.txt avaialable in the package of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.

And last but not least, there is a new touchpad driver available, called cpad-kernel-module (yes, you guessed right, it is a kernel module and must be compiled and installed).

Good luck!

Hans-J. Ullrich