Re: Where is the kernel?

On Tuesday 06 Jan 2009, Robert Isaac wrote:
> That would break all three nvidia drivers currently within non-free,
> so it is not necessarily a good idea for the people that rely on those
> for a desktop.

But it would certainly be a good argument to use in a letter to your elected
representative, requesting a new law which would oblige hardware
manufacturers to disclose driver Source Code.

In any case, the temporary  (until legislation forced their availability)
lack of 3D accelerated video card drivers would be only a minor hardship.  A
cause worth fighting for is worth suffering for -- or have we forgotten that
already?

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk