Re: Where is the kernel?

On 01/05/09 19:52, Mark Allums wrote:
Robert Isaac wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 03:06:18PM -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
Exactly. That's why 2.6.27 should be more mainstream. To reiterate the
 thoughts of millions of right-thinking people, 2.6.27 should be the
"official" Lenny kernel.  Or at least be packaged alongside 2.6.26 in
the final distribution as an alternative.
Well I certainly wouldn't object to 2.6.27 being the Lenny kernel, but I
have no say in that matter.

That would break all three nvidia drivers currently within non-free,
so it is not necessarily a good idea for the people that rely on those
for a desktop.

The **** you say! Is this why I can't get X going under vanilla 2.6.28? Any word on the ETA of the fixing of the breakage?

What's the deal, anyway? The nVidia blob installer tries to make like it can't find the kernel headers, nor the compiled output.

What version?

(I just built a kernel from linux-source-2.6.28, but haven't booted it yet. Still on 2.6.27 snap 12516. Using binary 177.82, kernel 64 bit with 32 bit userland. Works like a charm...)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.