Re: Problems with java

Hello
it seems, there is a big problem wioth java at the momement. Neither openjdk, nor sun-java6, nor gcj is possible to get access to the internet. I discovered this on some website, and with a java based application (tvbrowser). I tried update-alternatives --config java to switch between the different java versions., but only GIJ was working with the internet.

This behaviour appears only on 54-bit systems, on 32-bit systems everything is working well.
64 ;-)

It is a modification in Sid:

Workaround:

/etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf

-> net.ipv6.bindv6only = 0

See also Thread "Java Anwendungen - keine Netzwerk/Internetverbindung mehr" in the german debuan-users list.

Tom