Re: How to get rid of orphaned data in package database?

On Mon 19 October 2009 10:50:10 am Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Am Montag 19 Oktober 2009 schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> > > There is another thing, which I discovered: apt-file is showing still
> > > /emul/ia32-linux entries, although the packages are no more installed
> > > to /emul .
> >
> > Outdated Contents file?
> >
> > MfG
> >         Goswin
>
> Hi Goswin!
>
> No, it is not outdated, as I did an "apt-file update" beforfe I checked.
> IMO this should do it, doesn't it?
>
> Gruß
>
> Hans

You might try the deborphan package (Orphaned package finder)

"deborphan finds packages that have no packages depending on them. The default
operation is to search only within the libs and oldlibs sections to hunt down
unused libraries."

HTH

cmr

--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------