How to get rid of orphaned data in package database?

Hello all,

although this is nor causing much problems, I wonder, that in my database are
a lot of packages, which are no more in the repository (for example, all
ia32-*-libs from the time, where ia32-apt-get was active).

Is there a way, to get this cleaned? Those packages are no more available!

There is another thing, which I discovered: apt-file is showing still
/emul/ia32-linux entries, although the packages are no more installed to /emul
.

Or am I wrong?

Cheers

Hans