Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

C M Reinehr wrote:

> OK, James, please take a deep breath and start over. Are you saying that the
> Ctl-Alt-whatever key sequences do not work in your virtual Windows
> environment or that they do not work in your Debian host system? If you are
> having problems within the virtual Windows environment, have you read the
> user manual chapter on Typing Special Characters (3.4.1.2)?
>
> If you are having problems with your Debian host system, I would think that
> these are unrelated to VirtualBox and indicative of problems in your Debian
> system. Is your virtual Windows system crashing & rebooting (not unheard of
> with Windows) or is your Debian host system crashing & rebooting?

I had those problems at the same time on my physical and virtual machine
both as I wrote earlier.
Becouse I had no this problems earlier and I have no it now and I had
having it only in those moments I think that it was one problem relating
with working VirtualBox.
> With regard to running a vmi-disk created by virtualbox-ose 1.6 under
> VirtualBox 3.0, I seriously doubt that it will work. While VBox 3.0 may well
> be able to work with the vmi-disk, but I doubt that the virtual Windows
> system will be able to handle the changes in virtual hardware. That is to
> say, that the new VBox 3.0 will present newer/different hardware devices to
> the Windows O/S which will not have the correct drivers to run. (I think this
> was mentione elsewhere in this thread.) I would suggest creating a new
> virtual Windows system from scratch.
>
> Cheers!
>
> cmr

I have thought the same and I have removed my old disk and now I am
trying to create new.
But the creating was interrupted becouse I have hade some more disk space.
I think that it is the time to upgade my hard disk from 120GB to 250 or
300 GD, but this matter unrelated to the subject of this topic ;-)
Now I inted to try temporary optimize my disk space for continuing my
experiments with the VirtualBox.