Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 2:32 PM, James Brown<jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:48:22PM +0400, James Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible install on qemu Windows? It seems to me that only Linux,
>>> am I wrong?
>>> Does it maintain booting from raw disks and using USB?
>>>

>> kvm and qemu both support pretty much the same features (kvm uses qemu
>> as it's user interface).  kqemu is a kernel module to allow qemu to do
>> pretty much what vmware does for virtual machines, while kvm does the
>> same thing using the hardware virtualization features (and hence faster
>> and more efficiently).
>>

>>> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>>> processor : 0
>>> vendor_id : GenuineIntel
>>> cpu family : 6
>>> model : 15
>>> model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz
>>>

>> Well unfortunately, the T5600 and up has VT, the T5500 does not (unless
>> it is the one stepping that accidentally had VT support enabled, but that
>> was stepping 2 and you have stepping 6).  Intel really isn't helping to
>> make this less confusing.  They like to turn off features on low end
>> chips for no good reason other than they can.
>>

> The Acer compony's officers are frauds!
> There is an information about CPU T7200 or T7400 or T7600 in the manual
> of my laptop.
> Why did they install T5500?!
>

> --

most of the times acer puts a sticker on the palm rest stating the
hardware specifications, if it's you case you should see the model of
your processor.

--
Usuario Linux Registrado #452368
Usuario Ubuntu Registrado #28025

"Doing a thing well is often a waste of time."
//Netbook - HP Mini 1035NR 2GB 60GB - Windows XP/Ubuntu 9.04
//Desktop - Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz 8GB 500GB - Windows 7(testing)
//Desktop - Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 320GB - MacOS Leopard
//Desktop - Athlon 64 2.7Ghz 8GB 400GB - Ubuntu Jaunty
//Server - Pentium D 3.2Ghz 8GB 1TB - Debian Lenny
//Server - Celeron 1.8Ghz 1GB 160GB - Pfsense
//Server - NSLU2 266Mhz 32MB 1TB - Debian Lenny