Re: How to install wine on debian/amd64/sid?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
John Wong <johnw@wonghome.net> writes:

> Cavan Mejias 提到:
>> 2009/7/19 John Wong <johnw@wonghome.net>:
>>
>>> I add the below url to /etc/apt/sources.list
>>> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt/ sid main
>>> then apt-get update && apt-get install wine
>>>
>>> but it always said:
>>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>>
>>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>> wine: Depends: ia32-libs but it is not going to be installed
>>> E: Broken packages
>>>
>>> Is it only me?
>>> I saw this message a few weeks ago.
>>>
>>> uname -a: Linux redcat 2.6.30-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jul 18 12:55:06 UTC
>>> 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list:
>>> deb http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
>>> deb http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
>>> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>>> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt/ sid main
>>>
>>> Please help, thank you.
>>>

>>  Can you manually do   "apt-get install  ia32-libs" ? Does that
>> succeed? Or if you are using Gnome can you locate it in Synaptic? (All
>> the KDE package managers seem to be orphaned/nonfunctional).
>>   It appears you are using sid, therefore the ia32-libs may indeed be
>> broken or "have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.".
>> I use lenny and I think it works there.
>>
>>    Good luck! I hope you get to install wine.
>>
> Yes, when i manually do "apt-get install ia32-libs",
> then it just show the message like this:

> or been moved out of Incoming.

> wine: Depends: ia32-libs but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> When i use Synaptic, the result is the same like use "apt-get",
> It ask me, i need to remove ia32-apt-get first: Yes/No,
> then i choose Yes, then Synaptic tell me, CAN NOT be install,
> becuase it depend ia32-apt-get. (<-- i know do not know why)
>
> Yes, my system is sid/amd64, so maybe different to lenny.
>
> Anyway, thank your help.

By popular demand ia32-apt-get no longer builds an ia32-libs
transitional package. The one in the archive is cruft left over from
the earlier version.

how many votes are against ia32-libs transitional?

is wine to be removed from the amd64 repos?

whit the exception of wine the important ia32-packages usualy are external ones and they use to depend from ia32-libs and are happy with the transitional...

at this moment I prefer to have a previous version of ia32-apt-get (20)
I also prefer the wrapper over apt-get (could it be optional in the package config?)

If you want ia32-libs then you have to use testing. If you want to use
ia32-apt-get then you need to install ia32-wine instead of wine.

MfG
       Goswin