Re: Installing legacy nvidia drivers on 2.6

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:08:15PM +0200, Ron wrote:
> I would like to use the 3d capabilities of my old TNT2 card, which in
> theory is supported by

I sent a patch to Randall a few days ago to make the latest 71.xx driver
compile and work with 2.6.30 (and probably 2.6.31 as well).  I can build
a test version if you want until he gets around to releasing it.

You should be able to find my updated build (71.86.11) at:

http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/debian/nvidia-71xx-lenny/

Built for lenny (although I would be very surprised if it does not also
work perfectly on squeeze and sid).

Kernel modules prebuilt for lenny kernels as well (both i386 and amd64,
except not amd64 kernel on i386 due to some assembly mistake in the old
71.xx drivers that I don't feel like fixing).