Re: What is the matter with the "http://people.debian.org/~rafael/skype-amd64/"?

> http://people.debian.org/~anibal/skype/http://people.debian.org/~anibal/skype-amd64/
>>Do you know will anybody intend to maintain the skype packages for
>>Debian?
> I'll see if I can build those packages using sid.

Please *stop* distributing this stuff from *any* .debian.org server. If
you really want to use a private machine, but not the project servers.

And next time please *first* read their licenses. You know, its non-free
software, it might be illegal to do such things.

its easy: skype.com/legal. Select the
"Skype Software Distribution and Promotional Terms" which is what fits
here. Gets you to "http://skype.com/legal/promote/";, which shows you
"http://skype.com/legal/promote/materials/"; which tells you, with a lot
of other text around:

1.3 You may use the Skype Online Material only for a legitimate purpose
and provided that:

c. You shall use Skype Online Material in such form as it is made
available in the Skype Website, and shall not make any changes to the
graphics or HTML source code or any other parts of Skype Online
Material.

What you do is *not* distributing it in "such form as it is made
available in the Skype Website". And you do make changes to parts of
their stuff, even if its just repacking.

And I hope that when you continue to provide the packages, you will
follow point f. too.

--
bye, Joerg
>Starting network management services:
>   Warning: -s option is deprecated, use -Lsd instead
Uah. snmpd on drugs.