Re: AMD vs Intel in 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 06:06:41PM +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 17.06.2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> > I don't care if it is AMD or intel, as long as it
> > is a good design and gives me good value for the money.
>
> You probably should've read
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
>
> The only way to boykott this is NOT to buy TXT enabled hardware and
> components, and this is just what you do when you buy the latest Intel
> CPUs/Mainboards...

Who the hell cares?  Should this EVER come into actual use, AMD will
add it too.  Fortunately, it seems no one (other than possibly Mac OS X)
uses this stuff for anything yet as far as I have been able to tell.

Are you boycotting everything with HDCP support too?  Good luck on that.

If you don't like DRM stuff, then don't buy it.  I don't buy songs from
itunes with their DRM, nor blue ray disks.  I put up with DVD since those
play just fine on linux anyhow given the totally broken DRM they used.
If everyone avoids DRM protected stuff (not the hardware that could be
used to implement DRM), then sooner or later the media companies will
clue in to the fact that stuff sells better when you don't assume the
customer is a criminal.