Re: Fwd: Fwd: Resource conflict amd64 lenny & MMIO issues & failure of modprobe fglrx

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 08:07:31PM +0100, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Please disregard all issues below. Running
>
> # dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>
> X started correctly and should be 3D. I must say the the HOWTO has
> made simple what is apparently a complex installation. I am curious
> where the nvidia driver is indicated: after the reconfigure with
> options, /ect/X11/xorg.conf is the same as before, when X failed to
> start.

Well actually as of lenny it became a bit tricker to get the nvidia
driver going.  I should update the howto to fix that.

In /etc/X11/xorg.conf you have to add 'Driver "nvidia"' to the section
for the video card.

Another way to do that is to install the package 'nvidia-xconfig' and
running that tool, and it should automatically add the Driver line to
the xorg.conf for you.  I am still experimenting a bit with that to
decide how to add that to the howto.