Re: Fwd: Resource conflict amd64 lenny & MMIO issues & failure of modprobe fglrx

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:14:36AM +0100, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the graphic card is Pixelview 6600 256M DDR
> DVI GeForce 6800. I expected that it is compatible with fglrx

No.  fglrx is for firegl and radeon cards.  A geForce is an nvidia chip
and would work with either the nv open source drivers, or the nvidia
closed source drivers.

For how to install the nvidia closed source drivers (which do
openGL unlike the open source nv drivers), see the howto here:
http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/debian/debian-nvidia-dri-howto.html