Re: Opening pdf in Iceweasel crashes session.

Nuno Magalhães escreveu:
Greetings,

I'm getting this a lot. My university uses moodle and lots of
classnotes are in pdf. When using Iceweasel 3.0.7-1 (and the previous
version), if i open too many pdfs (around 10) in moodle, it'll crash
my session and i'm back at gdm's login screen - very frustrating. On
other sites sometimes it'll crash just for trying to print to pdf, or
open a single pdf.

First of all install "apt-listbugs", this package help a loot and report the bugs of your install packages. to check debug information, call the iceweasel from a terminal, and try to log the error .. same like this "iceweasel >> iceweasel.log"

But i suggest you to update your system using sources unstable/testing and experimental too .. here works a loot great !!

Which log or other tool can i check? Other stuff like flash works
well, but that's embeded, it's not a file the browser tries to open. I
guess i could just set it to download but i'd like to preview before.

Any suggestions?

kernel 2.6.26-1-amd64, unstable

Nuno Magalhães
LU#484677